The proposed West Culburra Expansion is a large mixed-use expansion of Culburra Beach township that includes the following aspects:
- 500 x standard residential lots ranging from 500-900m2
- 47 x small lots with dwellings aimed at the retiree market
- 48 x apartments being a mix of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms
- 60 x medium density town houses
- 30 x mixed use dwellings
- 28 x industrial lots of various sizes;
- 3 x waterfront sites for tourist-oriented developments;
- A 3.75km long foreshore park.
- A recreation oval
- A vista park
The 102Ha site is located on the southern foreshore of Curleys Bay in the Crookhaven River catchment and has a gentle northerly aspect with views to the Crookhaven River, Cambewarra Mountain and Coolangatta Mountain. The proposed development has been masterplanned around various site constraints and looks at activating the foreshore of the area for current and future residents of Culburra Beach.
The “concept plan” has been developed in conjunction with town planner and urban designer Professor John Toon to provide sustainable growth for the township of Culburra Beach for the next 20 years. The “concept plan” is currently on exhibition for community comment.